Thank you Mr White MG driver - Derby

Please post anything MG related that doesn't belong in the other model-specific forums.
Josh

Thank you Mr White MG driver - Derby

Post by Josh » Sun May 31, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope you won't mind me posting a new topic about this but I'm hoping the network of car enthusiasts amongst you can help me out.

Earlier on today, me and my Wife, with our two children, were cycling along Swarkstone Road, Derby, between the small village of Swarkstone and Weston-on-Trent. It's not an overly busy stretch of road but I have known cars to fly down the straight sections before now. We were riding on a narrow, slightly over grown section of pavement with my wife at the front, Son closely behind her and me at the back, with our youngest Son in a kids seat behind me.

Due to the overgrown bushes to her side, my Wife came to a stop on the pavement causing my son to clatter into the back of her, forcing him into the road. At the point of him falling into the road there was an old white, convertable MG coming head on. I'm not sure of the model but I could see it was a man driving.

To this man, I am eternally grateful for his quick reactions to what unfolded. Luckily, he was able to swerve away from my son, who was lay on his back at this point, and onto the other side of the road.

If you are in the Derbyshire area, I'd love to say thank you in person... socially distanced of course. Please get in touch.

If anybody knows the driver of this car could you please share my message with him. It's a long shot but I'd really appreciate the opportunity to say thank you in person... and have a quick look around his cool car.

Stay safe everyone

Josh

Return to “MG General Chat”