Page 1 of 1

The E87 LCI oil light has eleven 120d plates.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026
by tarquinrr
This started happening every time I started up my computer. After around thirty seconds, it turns off. Even though I double-checked the oil level and added more, the problem persisted.

While driving yesterday, it came on twice during trips of 30 minutes or more and then went off again.

When my old E46's starter light came on, it was because the oil level sensor had gone bad. Am I missing something here?

Would it be beneficial to purchase a code scanner? Would it provide any helpful information?

I am grateful.

Re: The E87 LCI oil light has eleven 120d plates.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026
by ignacio_stanhopez
Rather than oil level, that is coolant level.

Re: The E87 LCI oil light has eleven 120d plates.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026
by tarquinrr
Oops, here I go again, putting my faith in Gemini! May I ask what kind of coolant it requires?

Re: The E87 LCI oil light has eleven 120d plates.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026
by ignacio_stanhopez
G48 coolant is what they use.

Re: The E87 LCI oil light has eleven 120d plates.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026
by tarquinrr
It is appreciated.